yaourt: a pacman frontend
1 juin 2007 - admin
Yaourt is a command line interface program which complete pacman for installing software on Archlinux.
Written by Julien Mischkowitz <wain at archlinux.fr> and Tuxce <tuxce.net at gmail.com>.
- AUR support (search, install, check conflict and dependency)
- Interactive search and install
- Building packages directly from ABS source
- Handling backup files: .pac*
- Save, restore alpm database. Query directly from a backup file.
- Search orphans and test local database
- Support splitted packages
It’s recommended to read about AUR before, particularly about the packages needed to use it.
You can install yaourt from AUR:
git clone https://aur.archlinux.org/package-query.git cd package-query makepkg -si cd .. git clone https://aur.archlinux.org/yaourt.git cd yaourt makepkg -si cd ..
Search and install:
Sync database, upgrade packages, search aur and devel (all packages based on dev version) upgrades:
yaourt -Syu --devel --aur
Build package from source:
Check, edit, merge or remove *.pac* files:
Get a PKGBUILD (support splitted package):
Build and export package, its sources to a directory:
yaourt -Sb --export
Query backup file:
yaourt -Q --backupfile